Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog Review of "Perfect Match" written by Sophie Wang

Visit Sophie's blog to read the original blog post-> http://sophieandhercats.blogspot.com/

             I read this blog post while surfing through my classmates' blogs. This blog post in particular caught my eye because of its' intellectuality and inferences on the popular book by Jodi Picoult, "Picture Perfect". Picture book is a young adult book where the main character Nina Frost tries to accuse the child molester who sexually abused her son Nathaniel. But her son goes mute, and Nina goes somewhat mad over the fact that she can't find the according name of the suspect. The horrible sexual abuse that her son endured was both positive and negative on her own working spectrum. Positively, Nina learns to be more connected with her clients and forceful to protect her clients. Negatively, well, her son has drastically become a different person. He can no longer have the 'safety' to speak, or its just because he is traumatized of the sexual abuse. Sophie throughout the blog post intertwines the two sides of the spectrum. She mentions that, "This information might push her to emphasize with them and try her best to close the case in her favor," meaning that Nina just needed a 'push' so to speak, allowing her to become better at her job and win more cases.
             Through Sophie's blog post, I want to read the book. She makes the book, (even though it might be a 'gruesome' book), interesting to some extent that I, too want my own opinions of Nina's mistakes throughout the book. I, too want to decide how Nina could be successful at her job. Also, this book, although it had a very different plot, reminded me of the recent flick, "Prisoners" where two girls are kidnapped and a detective is sent to figure out who the real kidnapper is. Both fathers of the girls are completely heartbroken, but one father (Hugh Jackman) goes completely nuts over the kidnapping of his daughter and kidnaps the suspect himself. He continues to torture the suspect throughout the movie. The two plots intertwine at the part where one of the characters goes nuts to try to protect his/her son/daughter. Also, both books I can infer are thrillers.
               Overall this blog post by Sophie is very engaging to the fact that I would even like to see more of the same great material. I encourage you guys to go to Sophie's post and read it. Also, like I am, read the book, "Picture Perfect," by Jodi Picoult.

2 comments:

  1. Ahah thanks this is very flattering!! I really liked how you connected my ideas and the plot of Picture Perfect to a movie. I actually saw the preview for Prisoners but I didn't see it. Is it good? And how far are you in the book? It's so dramatic I really need to discuss it with someone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prisoners was really scary : { it was also very dramatic. I recommend you to watch it though... And i'm at the beginning of the book, haven't really got anywhere.

    ReplyDelete